25 Juni, 2006

people can be so annoying

Friday afternoon just about 3 minutes before I was going to leave I got an email from the programme director for whom I have been doing mentoring this year that I need to have a report ready for the teaching meeting Monday morning by 10 am. I should have just taken Neil's advice (Just ignore it and email Monday around 11 saying that you didn't see the email before then), but as I am I did send it yesterday afternoon.

Friday evening there was a party at Neil's house which was quite fun. Lots of people we didn't know, but from what Neil had said before I thought there weren't going to be that many people, so it was good that it was like that. But it did feel a bit claustrophobic at time, because the house is very narrow. Still a nice evening.

Saturday I went home after lunch time to get some work done (that annoying report), on my way into town I bumped into a friend and we had a quick coffee and chat at Starbucks. That was nice, but for some reason I had a really bad headache. then I went home and did a bit of work, basically just finished the report and emailed it off and then tried to get rid of the headache until it was time to head back to Neil's. We were going to watch "Memento", but again didn't get around to it and rather enjoyed the nice evening outside.

Today I felt really guilty that I hadn't done any work and I really needed to go through the presentation a few more times, so I went home after we had some food. Been working on figuring out how to analyse my data properly and also ran through my presentation a few more time. I can manage it in just over 15 minutes which is what it should be. Jonathan approved it, but also recommended more reading, and tomorrow I will see what Brian thinks.

After that I watched some DVD, uploaded some old pictures into my flickr.com account, made some food, avoided the football and now I am just about to get ready to go to bed.

Just three more days now until we head off to Edinburgh. I am both excited and scared. I hope the excitement will overpower the being afraid and I will enjoy this first conference experience. Should be good... after all I am a PhD student, they should encourage me and give me some good feedback so I can improve my work.

Keine Kommentare: