21 Juni, 2006

just a quick post

just about to dash off to see the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra at the uni for the end of the Golden Jubiliee celebrations, but wanted to post before I left. The last few days have been slightly stressful, but I think it is more that I am stressing myself out, rather than it being someone else's fault. I just need to somehow build my confidence, if I just knew a good way of doing that!!!

Yesterday I spent all day helping out with the open day at the uni. Talking to mostly parents but also a few students about why Exeter would be such a good choice. Some were very eager and wanted to know loads of things, and others you could clearly tell that they had no idea about what they wanted to do at uni, only that they wanted to go to uni. But it was fun anyway, and I am getting paid for it as well ;)

Also this upcoming conference is really starting to get to me, I am trying to tell myself that I shouldn't be nervous but it just isn't working. I am just not convinced enough about my research, and the more I read the more I start thinking that my topic is stupid and trivial. But Brian is being really good about it and keeps telling me that I will do fine and that I will have a good time.

a bit later...

the concert was great... very nice pieces they played and they were very good. Well this is according to my friend Andrea who knows much more about classical music than I do. But I did enjoy it, and decided that I need to have a lookout for these sort of things more. But now it is time for me to get to bed. Tomorrow is another day to get more work done on my presentation and to build up my confidence!

Happy Solstice by the way!

Keine Kommentare: