28 Juni, 2006

just one more day

until the conference. I am both excited and nervous, but I think i have gotten to a point where I do think that my presentation is actually good. Now I just need to make sure no one asks me any scary or unanswerable questions, and I will be ok. Just in the office for a bit because I wanted to pick up a book about Gender and Marketing (since that is the title of the conference...) and then I need to head into town to get a few things, and then I have to go home and finish packing. Not much more really I already packed half the things I need and the other things just needed a bit more time to dry before being packed into the suitcase. That's about it for today...

Tomorrow morning we have to get up way too early, but at least we get almost the entire day in Edinburgh before the conference starts. I am hoping the weather will be nice...

2 Kommentare:

Sarah hat gesagt…

So how did the conference go? I've seen both of your photos and it looked like you had a great weekend but I wondered how the 'work' part went?

Ivonne hat gesagt…

it did go well :) I was very pleased with it, I got some really good feedback after my talk and a few people gave me some good suggestions. One of my supervisors was there and he said that I did well with the presentation part as well. I was nervous, but he said I had a good presence (if that is the right word). At least now I know that next time it won't be so scary... we have to do one of these presentations at a conference at least once a year...