18 April, 2006

now I really need to get back to work

ok I really do need to get back to work now... I have not read or written a word related to my PhD or anything else psychology since I left for my holiday in Germany on the 29th of March. I do feel bad about it since I said to Brian that I would be doing some work on the conference paper, but so far that hasn't happened. But so far I did have a good excuse that the uni was shut and so I could ignore having to work, but I guess now that's not true anymore and I really ought to get my act together and get back into it. I am still a bit discouraged about my PhD after the reviewers completely tore the paper to bits and not getting the job after giving a presentation about my research... but I can't just drop out now. That would be the easy way out... So anyone have any tips on how to get motivated? If you do please let me know! For me the only thing I have been able to think about to motivate myself is make a list of all the things i need to do, so I just can't avoid it... so here is my plan for the day:
  1. Go to uni to get into work mode
  2. I have to look over the reviewers comments again to see what I need to change in my paper, and put the 24th in my diary! I thought the paper had to be resubmitted on the 27th of this month, but last night I read through the email again and it said the 24th, so I have less than a week...
  3. I have to make sure I start preparing for the presentation coming up in the seminar. At least it is a group presentation and I only have a small part
  4. get ready for the meeting with Brian on Thursday...

I guess that's it for now... I will try and write something in German later as well... but now it's time for breakfast and then I need to head off for uni...

Keine Kommentare: