30 Mai, 2006

dealing with banks...

is it ever easy???
I am starting to think that I can kiss my £ 150 goodbye with the way the banks are dealing with me. I am being sent from one to the other and no one is willing to actually help me. The UK bank (I won't mention their name) is telling me that my German bank needs to make the claim since they are the only ones who can confirm that my account was actually debited, and the German bank is simply saying they wouldn't know whom to contact in the UK to even make the claim, which is besides the fact that it apparently is ridiculous of the UK bank to say that the German bank has to do some work, because the UK bank's ATM is screwed up. And I am caught up in the middle of everything. I am really getting worried that it will all end up being that they turn around and tell me that the time limit within which a claim needs to be made has passed and that the money is lost in the system somewhere. I wouldn't worry so much, but £150 is a lot of money for me. Oh well, I have now given my mom all the info from here and she will try again to go to the German bank to see if they are now anymore willing to help.

Not much else has been going on today. I went to uni and got my new computer on the desk. Then I tried to do a bit of work, had lunch, and then spoke to someone at the bank on campus. They sent me back to the bank in town and when I came back to my desk after that there was a paper I have to mark. I was really annoyed so I thought it's not really fair to the student to mark a paper when I am in a bad mood so I decided that had to wait until tomorrow...

Keine Kommentare: