28 Mai, 2006

at least I will look the part

I still don't really feel very confident about going to the conference at the end of June, but at least now I will look the part because I went to buy a suit today. I picked it out yesterday, but I never know if things actually look good on me, so I reserved it and went back today with a friend (we didn't end up going to Starbucks after all, but went to Boston Tea Party instead) to get her opinion. She approved it, and now I am the proud owner of my first suit ever. It isn't too fancy really (there are no pin stripes), but I still feel really odd. When I looked at myself in the mirror in the store I didn't look like me at all, but oh well. It's a start into a (somewhat!) professional life I guess, I better start getting used to it. I want to go to the APA convention next year or the year after, I can't quite make up my mind if I prefer San Francisco or Boston. I guess a trip to Boston paid for by the department would be cool!

Keine Kommentare: