21 Mai, 2006

Da Vinci Code and the rest of the weekend

apart from the horrible weather we have been having here, this weekend was really nice actually... Friday afternoon started with a chocolate cake that Laura brought to uni in honour of Andréa's birthday and then we went to the Mill on the Exe for a drink around half past 4. It was nice to get away and relax for a bit. Then Neil and I went to Steve and Sarah's for an evening of chatting and then playing poker, that was quite a lot of fun.

Saturday started out rather dull. I got up fairly early to get laundry done, then watched a bit of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and then went into town to have a look around before going to see Neil. In the evening we went to friends of Neil's to watch the Eurovision Song Contest on tv. It was a lot of fun actually, and not just because of the pizza. The German entry was not too bad, but my favourite was the Latvian a capella entry. The winning entry was just a bit too strange for me... But I guess they still deserved to win. A few days ago at uni someone mentioned that a few years ago there was an academic paper published that looked at the relationship between voting in the Eurovision Song Contest and political relationships between countries involved. I must have a look for that, would be quite interesting to see what they made of it.

Today we started the day with a friend breakfast at George's Meeting Hall and then went to see the Da Vinci Code at the Picturehouse. I thought it was really good, finally a film that actually stayed true to the book, and it made me junp a few times. I know lots of people wouldn't like that too much, I have heard that about the Harry Potter films, that it is boring to see them and things like that. I don't really mind. I didn't actually read the book, I just got the audiobook sometime last year and I thought it was really good. Then I read Angels and Demons which was really good as well. I think if they turn that into a film it would be a lot creepier. Anyway, I did enjoy it, even though I knew the story beforehand, and Tom Hank's hair wasn't actually that bad.

Keine Kommentare: