03 November, 2006

I have been having trouble with my blog, I tried to publish my posts but they wouldn't be visible on the actual blog... now it seems to be working again as I managed to get that last post finally up there. Not much has been going on since the last post anyway. Still slightly stressed at uni, but it is starting to calm down. FINALLY!!! Endlich wird es ruhiger und ich kann auch mal wieder eine ganze Nacht durchschlafen ohne dass ich 4 mal aufwache und dann nicht wieder einschlafen kann. Trotzdem habe ich immer noch Kopfweh wenn ich abends von der Uni nach Hause komme und habe dann nicht die größte Lust noch viel zu machen. Aber was solls.
My students are finally stopping to bother me so much and they are settling into uni life as much as they can. A few of them are thinking about quitting uni all together or switching courses, but I can only help with thinking through decisions and then telling them where to go and what forms they need to fill in. I am starting to care less about them aswell; that's what stressed me out in the beginning as well... I always worried about them forgetting or missing things because they just can't be bothered to follow simple directions like reading the handbook so they have all the info that no one else will give them again. I scared them all in the first week when I said their first essay deadline was in week 5 and no one would mention much about it as the title was in the handbook and all the rest of the directions as well. most of them didn't think that was appropriate, but I guess it is hard to go from school to uni if you have been told exactly what to do when and how before... But like I said, they are starting to settle in and the first essay was handed in yesterday. I am curious about the marks they are going to get... but we will see when I get to hand the essays back in three weeks... ok I need a cup of tea now...

Keine Kommentare: