10 November, 2006

upgrade :(

I found out earlier this week that I will have to have my upgrade report for the PhD done by January, which means I will have to work as hard as I can now before I go home to Germany so that I don't have to do anything there. Oh well... I think I should be able to do it, I have everything there in bits and pieces, just need to re-read a number of articles to see how they can support my arguments. I will also get my next online study up and running by next Tuesday, and hopefully that will give me lots of usable data to write up two empirical reports.
Besides that I've also started knitting more and I am quite proud of myself to be able to say I have become quite good at knitting winter hats. I have made two already and I am in the middle of finishing a third. I will need to make a few more because two of the girls in my office now want one as well. I don't really mind as long as they buy the wool/yarn for me. It is a good way to relax and finally get a chance to listen to some of the audiobooks I have bought but only ever listen to half way because I put them on when I go to bed (and by the time the book gets to about half way through I am fast asleep).

time to get going now more work to be done and I need to get a few things done in town before I go to the office.

Keine Kommentare: