02 September, 2006

even more work getting done!

I did get more work done today, even though it was a Friday and I normally don't work too well on Fridays. Anyway I am quite happy with the work I have done, and I have emailed it off to my supervisor to have a look at before our next meeting on Tuesday. Also had lunch with a friend at uni whom I hadn't seen in a while and it was good to catch up. After that I did bits more work and had tea with another friend before going home to deal with insurance people for taking out money from my account for two wrong insurance quotes. Hopefully it is all solved now and I have been emailed my new policy for this coming academic year. It does feel a bit odd as a bunch of my friends have just today moved onto campus (to be resident tutors) and I am still where I am. I am not saying it isn't nice where I am and I like not having to deal with bills and addional costs, but it would be nice to be able to pop around in the evening for a chat or a cup of tea without having to worry about walking home by myself. Anyway... later Neil came over for dinner and then we went to a friend's house to play poker and finally after about 9-10 months of playing with them I actually won a nice amount :). I am sure it is just a stroke of luck and next time I will lose again, but it does feel good to come out a winner for a change!

Keine Kommentare: