31 August, 2006

finally...

work is getting done. After having been a slacker for the past week and a half or so I have finally managed to get some good work done. This morning I came to the office before 10 and started working on my outline for chapter 1. It is not perfect, but I am starting to flesh it out and it looks much more substantial than it did this morning when I started. When i asked a friend of mine for advice on how to start writing she simply said "Just apply thee art of sitting thee ass in thee chair" (by the way Thanks Chica it obviously helped!) and that's just what I did this morning. Now I have extended my outline from 3/4 of a page to 4 1/2 pages and it feels really good to look at it. I am not so worried anymore now for Brian to return from his week away in Scotland, as I have actually something to show him.

Let's see what else has been going on... yesterday Neil and I went to see "The Notorious Bettie Page" at the Picturehouse. An interesting film about a Pin Up girl in the 50s. The first bit dragged on a bit, but the second half was quite good, and there were so many familiar looking actors in it...

Keine Kommentare: