03 August, 2006

home, sweet home

...or something like that anyway. I got here on Saturday evening, after almost missing my flight. I got to Heathrow in good time, but all of the self service check in terminals were out of order or crashed every time I tried, and so I had to join the queue at the Lufthansa check in which took forever. then of course there was another queue at the departures, but in the end I made it though to the gates even with time to spare before they let us know which gate the plane was leaving from. Sunday we went straight to the first family party, my aunt's birthday. It was nice to see them all again, but the more I am away the more I realise how much living abroad has changed me. But oh well... then Monday my mom, my aunt and my cousin, and me went to my grandma's house to visit my granfathers grave as it would have been his birthday. It is a nice little ritual we have together, and it is nice to sit down over lunch and remember him with all his little oddities... then on tuesday my mom and I just didn't do much. We thought about our little holiday, but decided that renting a house in Denmark would be too expensive at € 1000 for just a week, so are now thinking of going to see "We Will Rock You" in Köln, maybe "Starlight Express in Bochum, and maybe also go to Vienna for a few days while I am here. If we go to Vienna I really want to go see the Siegmund Freud Museum, that should be interesting, but otherwise I am not that picky about what we do.
Yesterday was another family birthday, my other aunt, but that was just a small gathering probably because it was in the middle of the week and most people had to be at work still. Today not much has been going on.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Glad you are having a good time! I like the purple text