13 August, 2006

back home

My mom and I have just returned from a short trip to the Baltic Sea coast here in Germany, and we had a great time. Not much time to blog at the moment though, so just a few pictures for now. I will try to write more later today...

These things are called "Strandkörbe" in German and are fairly typical for the beaches in Germany. I have no idea what they are called in English... the literal translation would be "Beach baskets", but I doubt that would be correct. Anyway, we rented one for a day, and it was quite nice and comfortable!



We also went to a sandsculpture festival, it is amazing what they can do with sand. Here a little overview of a few of the sculptures, but more later...

1 Kommentar:

Sarah hat gesagt…

Wow, those sculptures are amazing - love the beach huts too :)

Glad you're having a good time, although when I read the title 'back home' I thought you meant you were back in Exeter! When are you back here? look forward to seeing you then anyway :)