27 August, 2006

I have been back in Exeter for a whole week now, but I haven't really gotten back into a work mode. Well, to be really honest I haven't really tried yet. I went in to the department Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but didn't do very much besides catching up with people and seeing Brian and admitting that I haven't done any work yet. But still it was good. Wednesday I didn't feel too great in the evening so I stayed in rather than going to see some friends and watch a film. Thursday I met a friend from uni for lunch at Wagamama and then we went to see "Cars" at the Odeon. I thought it was a great film. The animation was fantastic (certain shots looked like they were actual film rather than animation) and overall I thought it was very well done. After the film I met with Neil and went to the library to finally get a library card after having meant to do that for the past year and 11 months that I have been in Exeter. Friday I helped Neil shop for some new clothes (for work and a wedding) and in the evening we cooked dinner and later watched Fargo. Saturday we went to a wedding in the afternoon. It was really nice. The service (held in both English and German) was at the Cathedral here in Exeter with a drinks reception afterwards. After that we went home and relaxed with a bit of food and yet another film. This time Donnie Darko. Very odd film, and I'm quite confused about it all. But I did enjoy it, it made me laugh a few times, and I thought Patrick Swayze's character was hillarious.
Today I have just been pottering around not doing much. I went into town to enjoy the sunshine in the afternoon and then spoke to my mom on the phone. That's about it...

Keine Kommentare: