18 August, 2006

holidays are almost over now

and another three weeks went by just like that. I can't believe that I have been at home for three weeks, but oh well. I had a great time. We had a few family birthday parties to go to and my mom and I went to the baltic sea coast for a few days and then we also went to see "We Will Rock You" in Cologne. The musical was really good. Maybe only for people who like the music by Queen, but it was well done. Even the German version was made well. Now I really want to see the English version as well to see how they made the story work. In the German version they put in a few references that English is dead now, and therefore there is no more rock music. The reason they gave that no one spoke English anymore was that Germany won the Football in 2010... we can dream I guess... and who knows what happens in the future. But anyway, it was great fun, and the singers were awesome.

lets see what else did I do while I was here... oh I read a book by Haruki Murakami called Norwegian Wood. It was really good, a very sad melancholic mood all the way through, but a very beautiful story still. I will see if I can find another one of his books as they sound very interesting.

oh I also promised to put more pictures up... so here they come:

My mom collecting shells and stones on the beach... you won't believe how much she found, we had an extra bag for shells and one for stones, and then another one for some sand from the beach. She has all these ideas for decorating, I will tell her to send me pictures when she is done ;)

In the background you can see a few of the sand scultures from the sandsculptures festival we went to as well.






Here you can see some islands in the background, but primarily I took the picture because of the sailboats that were floating around on the sea. The windconditions must have been extra good those few days, we saw them wherever we went.





open water... in the background you could see the opposite coast of former East Germany, but the photo doesn't show it. It took us forever too to figure out what we could see all the way over there. At first we thought it would be Denmark, but when we looked on a map we realised that the coast where we were didn't even point towards Denmark...



And here now a few more pictures from the sandscultures festival























Keine Kommentare: