08 März, 2007

rain again

I am sure you know there is this stereotype about british people that all they talk about is the weather... and when you read what I am writing here you might think I am becoming more and more British, but you can't believe the weather we have been having here. Almost every evening (and most days for that matter really) in the last few weeks it has been raining and just now I looked outside and sure thing it is raining again... I am starting to have enough of this.... but hey at least I don't have to be outside at the moment... (Neil I hope you made it home dry!)...

let's see what has been going on these last few days?
Monday started with a pretty boring committee meeting I had to go to in the morning and then I saw a few students during the day to get some paper work sorted and then saw a friend who is off to the US for a couple of months now to start writing up her thesis. I am so jealous that she can escape this weather, but then again I would miss my friends here and Neil even more...

Tuesday my supervisor cancelled our weekly meeting 10 minutes before the meeting when I had come in earlier especially for the meeting... then I did some work instead and then met a friend for lunch and then went to a workshop on how to manage stress during the PhD. That was really interesting. She went through a few tips on how to notice the first warning signs of stress and how to reduce it that way, and also what adrenaline actually does in the body... all quite scary that it all happens automatically at a time when you don't even consciously realise that you are stressed out!

Yesterday was Neil's birthday, so I left uni early and we went to the cinema to see "The Science of Sleep" the new (?) film by the guy who directed Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. Neil had really been looking forward to the film, but I think we were both a little disappointed. I was fairly confused about what was supposed to be real and what wasn't... and especially with the end of it. Still it was enjoyable to watch and a few of the characters were quite funny... and the animations were really awesome. After the cinema we went for food at Old Timers and then about an hour later a bunch of people joined us for birthday drinks for Neil. It was nice to see people again and we made plans to see some of them this weekend... and I get to go to WAGAMAMA again :) I am so looking forward to that already!

Today was fairly boring... I saw my friend who is off to the US again, she wasn't supposed to be in again today, or wasn't sure anyway if she would have time to get together, but we had a quick lunch and for the rest of the day I tried to re-teach myself how to use SPSS for data analysis. Then I went to by the bookshop to say Hi to Neil before he went to college this evening and then got some food for dinner. After dinner I watched "American Dreamz" on DVD which was enjoyable... Hugh Grant playing himself... very funny in bits and just the usual in other bits...

Keine Kommentare: