28 März, 2007

in Germany now!

I have arrived in Germany and I am already having a great time... we are being very lazy already. Monday was a long afternoon of travelling after a very lazy morning and lunch at Imperial with Neil. Then I got on the train to Reading and then on the bus to Heathrow from there. It all worked out fine and I got to Heathrow with about an hour to spare before I had to go to my gate. The plane left on time and we almost arrived in Hamburg on time as well. And by the time my mom and I had driven home it was half past 11 at night... long time of travelling really... I left Exeter at 3 in the afternoon and got to Germany when it was half past 10 in England... so 7 hours... I guess it isn't that bad...

Yesterday we went to see my grandma and my aunt in the afternoon. We met in town where my grandma lives and had some tea/coffee and cake at a really nice café and then wandered around town enjoying the sunshine for a while. It is really nice out, still a tiny bit chilly in the shade, but in the sun you can almost be out without a jacket on...

Today started just as lazily with getting up after 9 and then having breakfast and now I am sitting here on the computer updating my blog and manning the phones while my mom is out running a few errands. When she comes back I will have a look at her computer to see if I can get some things to work again... she said she deinstalled some programmes by accident... but I think it is more likely that my dad got on the computer and randomly got rid of some things and didn't check that the files weren't needed for anything else... ah well... Not much else planned at the moment. We might go see Starlight Express at some point while I am here but we also might do that in the summer... then we have a bit more time to plan things.

I guess that's all that's going on at the moment here... more to come later

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I love Starlight Express!! Saw it a couple of times in London over the years - but would happily go again if they hadn't inconveniently ended its long London run!
Enjoy the rest of your 'at home' time. :D

Ivonne hat gesagt…

Thanks Chelley :) I have been wanting to see Starlight Express while I was in London a few years back, but when I finally had the cash together and convinced someone to come with me they stopped it. Now it is only here in Bochum in Germany and I think in Las Vegas in the US... but Germany is much easier to get to :) and much cheaper too.