08 Dezember, 2006

(not so) Secret Santa

we had a little pre-christmas celebration with some people from the office, and the carefully planned secret santa didn't turn out to be so secret in the end. Well I am still not quite sure who my secret santa was, but she got a cool gift for me... I will have to try the recipe on the box sometime, maybe that will convince Neil to come to Wagamama with me sometime ;)


Not much else has been going on really. Wednesday we went to see Little Children at the Picturehouse, which was really diappointing. The film started out so good, the story was set up well and you started to feel for the main characters but then about half way through it lots it all and just turned into this typical American film where all ends had to be tied up properly. Now don't get me wrong, I am all for tied up ends, but this one really was trying to do too much in too little time. Some of the side stories just were too much really. But oh well, I am still glad i saw it. Yesterday we had a visiting speaker from Germany in department and a bunch of us went out for dinner at the Hour Glass with him. It was a lot of fun, and the food was really nice. I had only been there once before with Neil for drinks, and never expected the food (or the food) to be like this. It was like you were in a different place. I don't know how to describe it, but the pub part just looks completely different from the restaurant part. Anyway, highly recommended...

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Nice gift! I got a bottle of wine... again! I felt the film was trying to do too much in too MUCH time! As you said it started well, but then got sidetracked with plots that just confused the story, and the brilliant narration at the start just turned into an emergency measure to get the story out of the mess it was in.