08 Oktober, 2006

it's been a while since I updated my blog, but I have been so busy at uni and equally stressed out because of it. New students arrived two weeks ago, and last week was the first week of classes. I found out just before the registration day that I am a personal tutor to 18 (3 groups of 6) first years students and 7 second year students, as well as my usual group of masters students. And besides all that I still need to work on my PhD, which I haven't been able to do for about the last two weeks. Oh well, I am sure things will settle down soon enough and I will be able to enjoy my days working on my PhD again... I hope anyway. Let's see what else is going on... oh yeah I have started a Spanish class yesterday. Should be fun. The teacher seems really nice and she already spoke a lot of Spanish even though it is a complete beginners class... I hope I can pick up enough over the next 10 weeks so I can go on to the next level after Christmas, but I will see how much time I have...

I am also teaching on one course this term, but that should be ok. It is only one class for the first years and I just have to teach 2 tutorials and help out with two practical classes, and then mark their practical reports. I have done that last year for another course and it wasn't so bad. The only thing really annoying was the marking, but the pay is worth it in the end!
Not much else has been going on really. I have been really tired and not been sleeping too well, and now I keep going to bed at about 9 every evening to catch up.

We went to see Little Miss Sunshine last week, very funny film!

Keine Kommentare: