16 Oktober, 2006

Monday yet again

and another weekend just whizzed by as if it didn't happen at all. Friday night we went to have dinner at Dennis and Lucia's (which was very yummy!!!) and afterwards watched a film called "Witness". The next day we had Spanish class ; we now know how to introduce ourselves (Mi nombre es Ivonne, or Me llamo Ivonne), can ask the other person's name (Cóme té llamas, or Cual es tu nombre?), ask how the other person is doing (Cómo estas?, or Qué tal?) , and also ask for where the other person is from (De donde erres?) and also answer that question (Soy de Allemania). Most of this I have seen before, but I don't mind... it is nice to be learning another language, although occasionally my first language gets in the way with pronunciation... because some of the sounds are much closer to German than they are to English and I need to be careful that I don't pronounce them like German, but like Spanish. The rest of the day I just lounged around and was lazy. Yesterday I met a friend from when I did my MSc at Boston Tea Party in the morning and again for the rest of the day I watched some DVDs (House is getting really good!) and then went to bed by about 9-9.30.
Today I have some meetings and then I teach in the afternoon for 3 hours (the same thing three times.) Shouldn't be too bad, it is first level, so it isn't too difficult. I am just a little bit worried about the subject... I have never actually taken developmental psychology in my university life. it never really interested me and I never had to. Oh well, I just need to make them think I know more than they do... that should work, most of them can't even follow the most simple directions (like please read through your handbook for the next meeting... but I am not complaining really...)

ok time for breakfast now and then I am off to another week of stress and work at uni...

Keine Kommentare: