07 Juni, 2007

PhD

I have just found out that I will be allowed to register as PhD student for next academic year... finally. I have been waiting to hear this for the past three months! I am so relieved. Now I will be able to enjoy my break at home much more. Although it is just a short break. Hopefully later in the summer I will be able to go home for a bit longer, even though it doesn't really look like that at the moment. Anyway, I am really happy about the upgrade having gone well and also the supervisor issue is sorted out! Will be meeting with both of them (old and new) tomorrow to see how we can move things forward and make it so I can finish as soon as possible! :)

3 Kommentare:

Rice hat gesagt…

GREAT NEWS! I am sure you are quite proud of yourself and you should be.
What will you do once you are finished with the program?

Ivonne hat gesagt…

not sure actually... I am hoping to get a job in marketing of some sort, but I don't know where. I don't think I am meant to stay in academia, but if I find a job that's paid well I will. The lifestyle that comes with an academic job is quite nice, but not the politics you have to deal with. But then again you probably get that with any kind of job...

Rice hat gesagt…

No, I agree. I believe that it gets a bit out of hand in this profession. They prefer you "follow the rules" rather than think for yourself.