07 Februar, 2007

Black Book

went to see Black Book at the cinema last night and it was a very good film, although I can't quite say I enjoyed it. Well, the subject matter didn't really let one enjoy it properly as every 5 minutes or so someone was getting shot either by the Germans or the Dutch Resistance... But the characters were portrayed in very interesting ways, and I wonder if this jewish singer really existed that had an affair with a German officer...

Today we are thinking about going to see Notes on a Scandal. The trailer we saw yesterday looked thoroughly creepy and very much like a psychological thriller... so I hope it won't give me a night of nightmares as BlacK Book did... I must just be a very sensitive soul when it comes to this sort of thing...

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi Ivonne,

It's Norma. Go see Notes on a Scandal. I saw it two weeks ago and I highly recommend it. It's not a thriller in a scary sense, but it is a very tense movie. It has some campy parts as well.

Will write soon.

Ivonne hat gesagt…

Norma! Great to hear from you a again... we actually saw Notes on a Scandal and you are right it wasn't as scary as I thought... very chilling though. All through the film I hated Judy Dench's character thoroughly... she was so good!