28 Juli, 2007

Stonehenge

Neil is doing such a good job blogging about London, that I should really do a bit as well. But since he has pretty much covered the whole trip now pretty much, all that is left for me to add really are some photos of Stonehenge. I was quite excited that we would go past it so I could see it... so here it is...
Stonehenge
through a fence, but nonetheless impressive. Neil had warned me when we were getting closer to it, and he was still the first one to spot it. Oh well... I have to admit that I was a little bit disappointed when I saw it, and at first thought it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be, but now a bit later I do think it is very cool. To think that a group of people put it there such a long time ago...
CIMG1136
CIMG1134

5 Kommentare:

HAR hat gesagt…

It is a lot different than I imagined it would be.

Ivonne hat gesagt…

I know what you mean... apparently you used to be able to walk right up to the stones, but people were not careful enough, so now it is all fenced off and you can get very close to it anymore... still cool to have finally seen it.

Anonym hat gesagt…

I remember feeling the same...regarding its size...at first. But then, like you, I considered people building it way back when. Amazing.

HAR hat gesagt…

It is still really awesome to see a true picture of it. I hope that you have enjoyed your trip.

Ivonne hat gesagt…

yes the trip was a lot of fun... we stayed with my boyfriend's sister's family for a few days and then a friend for another few days. it was nice to meet them all and it was also nice to be back in London again. I didn't quite realise how much I missed it, and at the same time it was hard to keep up with the faster pace there... still quite cool to live in the capital