12 März, 2008

finally we are getting to the end of the open day period, these days are quite draining and I never get anything else done. There are always little things to sort of throughout the day, but today it looks like I am getting a bit more time. Students and parents seem to be enjoying their visit to Exeter, and for the most part the students do show a lot of interest. I never quite know how to deal with students who clearly are being dragged here by their parents, and I just want to say that it's not worth it sending your child to uni if they clearlt have no interest. Give them a gap year to have a think, makes life for us who have to teach and tutor them easier. But it's not up to me to say this at these days. Anyway, let's see what this afternoon brings, aparently it is going to be very manic with loads of people coming to find out about our various degree programmes.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Thanks for your comment on my blog today - now I'm the one procrastinating! I'm helping out at an open day next week (not looking forward to it particularly, but at least they're paying me to do it!).

Totally totally agree with your comment about students only coming because their parents want them to - the parents think they're doing the best by their kids, but if they force them to do something they're not interested in, what's the point? University should be a great experience, not something to just be endured to keep someone else happy.

Anyway - thanks again for the comment, have a great weekend!