04 November, 2007

weekend catch up...

First I should say that the Ann Summer's Party wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We played a few slightly embarrassing games, but the lady who ran it was nice to the few of us who hadn't been to one of those parties before. I did feel slightly bad about not having any money to buy anything, but I also didn't quite see the point in spending so much money when I don't have the money... so maybe next time I just won't go...

The rest of the weekend has been nice. Yesterday afternoon I met some friends for starbucks coffee and then met Neil at the Continental Market to have an overpriced German Thüringer Bratwurst (something I much rather spend my money on twice a year) and then wandered home to watch Fireworks from the flat... some were really really nice, and there are more today!

Neil cooked a roast dinner/lunch today and we had friends over which was lovely and very relaxed.

2 Kommentare:

Sarah hat gesagt…

I came home also pondering the 'should I have not gone at all' thing, as you do feel very guilty not buying things at these parties. But would the hostess have preferred us not to go at all? I don't think so, I think she was pleased that we went. But I resolved to say no to the next invitation as well, whether I will or not remains to be seen!

Still my £9 of stupid stocking fillers might give us a laugh or two ;)

Ivonne hat gesagt…

hehe yeah I was thinking about the willy shaped hard boiled sweets or the jar of bullocks... but oh well. I can always see if they have them in the shop in town!