06 August, 2007

lots of stuff to do today

well maybe not that much, but it feels like a lot. The first thing after getting ready for the day is going to the lettings agency so I can sign my part of the contract. That is also the most important thing I have to do today. Once that is done I can come home and finish my packing for Germany and then need to pack a few bits Neil wants to take so he can be set up in the new flat when he moves. Then I need to book a seat on the train for tomorrow morning and since I can check-in for the plane online I will take advantage of that. I have never been able to do that before, so that should be exciting! But first things first.... I need to make a cup of tea :) while I am listening to the new Radio station that has replaced Classic Gold... now just called GOLD... so far I am not liking it very much :(

edited after lunch:

more complications with Fulfords now... as I said I went in this morning and signed my contract, and then the woman said ok now we will contact your guarantor so he can sign the contract for you as well... which is when I freaked out as my friend who is my guarantor is now in Australia on a research visit for 6 weeks. I can't believe she didn't tell us about this... every time I go in they say a little bit and then next time say that we need something else. At least she said they can send him the contract via email and he can fax it back. Now I just need to get a hold of him and see if he can use a fax machine to send it back before the end of this week. Gosh I just can't believe this! So once again keep your fingers crossed that this will all be sorted out as soon as possible!

better get back to packing now!

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Blimey - they are making a meal of it for you - hope that contract gets sorted out ok!

I've always wondered how that on-line check-in works - I don't get it - checking in involves handing over the suitcases. How can that happen on-line - do you stuff them down the phone line or into the modem haha!

Sarah hat gesagt…

nightmare. really hope they got it sorted! update asap please!!

Ivonne hat gesagt…

it should all be sorted now... or well by tomorrow. contacted my friend in Australia and he said he will sign it and fax it back, but I think I will still ring the agency and see if it is all in order on Wednesday....

online check-in was just picking the seat on the plane I want and now when I get to the airport I don't have to queue up for the check-in counter but rather queue up for the baggage drop counter. Just really another way of queuing... but apparently this will be quicker now and save me time... will let you know if it does!