01 Mai, 2007

Das Leben der Anderen

We went to see The Lives of others at the cinema the other day, and it was the best film I have seen this year I think. I knew it would be good just from seeing the trailers before... I don't know but somehow when the trailer for a film is already so excellent and completely captures the main point of the film, the film just has to be this excellent. Anyway this film was set in the German Democratic Republic in the mid 80 and focused on a playwrite/writer and his girlfriend. Very very good and if you haven't seen it, go see it! It really deserved the Foreign Language Oscar so much more than Pan's Labyrinth... and I don't care what Mark Kermode thinks on this matter!

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Kermode was on about it again on friday, he is like a man obsessed! Lives of Others really is a masterpiece, and broke a long run of very average films for me!

Ivonne hat gesagt…

I know.... he really is obessed! I will have to catch up the latest podcast